Tuesday, March 30, 2010

March 24 An interesting lunch experience in Dong Ha

Lest you think we spend the time over here living on our free breakfasts at 5 star hotels and not truly "tasting" the culture...I wanted to share with you pictures of one lunch we had in Dong Ha.

This was in the middle of a busy day of site visits and we were definitely hungry. We try to be polite and experience things as they come. But I was suspicious of the soup and not surprised once we "fished" out the main protein in it. I could swear he was staring at me!






I opted for the "sticky" rice and Gary was happy to find a warm Coca Cola.







The orange plastic stools were taller than the typical 14 inch high ones we often see...but that did not help me once I fell backwards off mine. The mess on the floor in the adjoining dining room was not from our meal but rather the two dogs who were tussling with each other while we ate.

No comments:

Post a Comment