Thursday, April 15, 2010

March 25 - Ai Tu Village Workers



Adjacent to the grounds for the newly dedicated Ai Tu school we could see a group of Vietnamese women working in the field. They were stripping bark off newly harvested trees. With their traditional garb and work methods it just begged for a picture to be taken. As I approached and asked if I could take their picture, one of them stated in very broken English, "You give me dollar?"

Sometimes I surprise myself in how quick I can put together a "come back" as the first thing out of my mouth was "No Dollar but my friends and I built you that school". Well the toothless smile was wonderful and she and her friends then posed for lots of pictures and even looked at a few of our pictures shared by our travelling companion "Lee".

No comments:

Post a Comment